IDS Fire and Security utilise the current NSI (National Security Inspectorate) codes of practice together with the Police Scientific Development Branch (PSDB) guidelines and operational requirements. These guidelines help to select the correct type of camera and lens combination for use in any CCTV system and ensure a high quality recording and monitoring solution is in place.
IDS Fire and Security only utilise high quality cameras which are capable of providing quality images at all levels of scene illumination. The range includes both monochrome and colour as well as cameras capable of switching between colour and monochrome depending on the available light.
Cameras are selected for their purpose which could range from static local proximity target to fully functional units designed to cover areas over hundreds of square metres.
The latest technology in our cameras can also include:
- Analogue or IP Solutions
- Image resolutions from 720p up to Megapixel (High Definition)
- Static or Fully Functional (Pan, Tilt & Zoom) Cameras
- Up to full 360 degree viewing
- Motion Detection (often used to trigger recording)
- Limited on-board Digital Storage for Local Recording
- Power over Ethernet (PoE – no local power supply required)
- WiFi Connectivity (fewer infrastructure requirements)
- Vehicle / Number Plate Recognition
- Facial Recognition
- People Counting
- Footfall Trend Analysis
- Intelligent Target Tracing/Tracking Facilities
In addition to the above features we are also specialists in Thermal Imaging Technology and the provision of Intrinsically Safe Solutions.
Both of the above require specialist surveying and specific design input. Should you have such a requirement please Contact Us and we will be happy to assist you with your specific needs.
Recording & Viewing Equipment
Recording and viewing can be accomplished by a number of different means; on-site, off-site or in ‘the Cloud’.
Recording/Viewing/Operating Options can include:
- DVRs (Digital Video Recorders)
- NVRs (Network Video Recorders)
- Front-end VMS (Video Management System)
- Mobile Device (smartphone)
- ISDN, LAN/WAN, broadband or GSM
- Flexible Local and Off-site Storage
- RAID Arrays (storage redundancy for data loss elimination)
- Email Alerts
- Alarm System Integration
- 24 Hour Monitoring Station
The options above can be combined and configured to provide a system to meet your needs, whether a simple system or a multi-site control room. Contact Us for a tailored solution for you.
IDS Fire and Security can provide the correct products to comply with current legislation but it is important that our customers comply fully with this provision also. It may be necessary to notify the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) about your CCTV installation and its purpose to comply with requirements, particularly when recording images. This is a legal requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. Further information can be obtained from the Data Protection Registrar or Information Commissioner’s Office.